Our services are designed to help you grow safe organic fresh vegetables, berries and herbs. We help you every step of the way.
Suburban Farming Company Services include:
Organic Garden Vegetable Garden Services
* Complete Package - Soil Preparation, Planning, Planting, WeedGuard and Light Mulching. It can include garden fencing, tomato cages if needed.
At the completion of this service you have the start of a vegetable garden. You now takeover and become a "suburban farmer".
* Soil Prep - We prepare your soil for planting. This includes tilling and adding soil amendment.
Upon completion of this service your garden is ready to plant.
* DIY Organic Vegetable Garden Kit - We deliver to your house vegetable plants, seeds, straw, bags of compost. You can include tomato cages and rabbit fencing and stakes if needed. This will save you the time driving all over to get the materials for your garden.
Once your kit is delivered you are ready to plant.
* Organic Vegetable Garden Home School - Time is a valuable asset in our life. Convenience provides us with more time in our life. The Organic Vegetable Garden Home School is convenient and works around your schedule. We come to your house and teach you everything you need to know to start growing organic vegetables. We cover everything from soil prep to harvesting and everything in between in the comforts of your home. Participants will receive timely tips and reminders throughout the growing season. Invite friends and neighbors to participate in your home school and you can receive discounts on the class and our DIY kit. Invite five friends who register and receive your class free.
* Garden Feeding Service - Vegetables need nutrients to grow and produce. Feeding provides those nutrients that support foliar and soil health. Feeding strengthens the plant's ability to fight disease and recover quickly from pests. Our organic feeding service provides you with 4 feedings throughout the growing season.
* Weekly Maintenance - We come by weekly to water, feed, weed, pest management and control, staking and garden clean up to prepare the soil & garden for the winter.
* Speaker, Workshops, Seminars - See the page on Speaker, Workshop, Seminars
* Pricing is based on the size of your garden.
Things you need to know
The growing season starts in the April for cool weather crops like spinach, lettuce, broccoli and ends in late Fall. Warm weather crops like tomatoes, peppers, zucchini can't be planted until after Mother's Day and can be planted well into June.
You need to have an area that receives at least 6 hours of sunlight, more is better.
We require access to water by hose for Garden Maintenance.
How big of a garden do I need?
You can have any size, dimension or configuration.
A 10x10 (This size is good if you are just interested in tomatoes, peppers, basil,lettuce,etc or you are new to vegetable gardening).
A 20x20 (This size will provide enough produce for a family of 4 and more growing options).
Although many factors including weather can influence how much produce is produced by a plant.
Here are some average figures to help you.
* 1 tomato plant will yield an average of 40- 50 tomatoes per season or approximately $125 - $250 worth of produce.
* 1 red bell pepper plant can produce an average 15 peppers or about $25 worth of produce.
* A 10x10 garden can produce between $600 and $900 worth of produce during the summer.
* A 20x20 garden can produce over $3000 worth of produce.
* Planting an early Spring and early Fall garden increases your total amount of produce even more.