Community Gardens Programs
"We do all the work, and your community reaps the harvest."
Vision : To utilize the Community Garden Program to bring groups, from all walks of life, together to build and maintain vegetable gardens that will benefit the various groups and populations involved or to provide fresh produce to food banks.
The Community Garden Projects is an example of Social Entrepreneurship. It is designed with flexibility to tailor every project to the group involved. Whether it is working with schools, group homes, assisted living or retirement communities or those with special needs or limited abilities, we can design a program specifically for your group.
We provide oversight and management for these Community Gardens to insure that your gardens are a success.
You are only limited by your imagination.
***Since 2009 Suburban Farming Company grows over 1000 pounds of food for food cupboards and charities through their garden programs.
Homegrown School Garden
A school garden brings learning to life. It encompasses many levels of learning from reading to language arts to science to nutrition
and cross cultural understanding while developing important sociological skills. The boundaries are only limited by your imagination as an educator. This program works great for special education classes.
Main Street Farms
Churches, businesses and community groups can become partners by donating land or money to be used for a garden that will provide fresh vegetables for the local food cupboards.
Active Aging and Continuing Care Communities Program
* A vegetable garden brings people together. The social connection is greater than you might believe.
* It is a great way to get residents outside for fresh air and for interaction.
* A vegetable garden is a great social connection and multi-generational.
* There is something about watching the garden grow that creates a positive feeling for your community.
* Your vegetable garden will be the topic of conversation at your facility.
* Your food service can use the garden for fresh herbs or garden fresh produce.
* We can build accessible raised beds that are elevated to provide access to gardening for wheelchairs, walkers or those who have difficulty kneeling or bending.
* We can plant sensory gardens filled with color and smells.
Contact us today to learn more about our Community Garden Programs!